This gallery contains 14 photos.
- It seems like Ljubljana will get a vineyard! More than 1,000 grape vines have been planted on the south slope of the Ljubljana castle hill with the first harvest expected in 2019 and the first bottles of Ljubljana Castle Wine available a year later. We, vine lovers, are already excited!
- At an award ceremony taking place on 22 April in Brussels, Ljubljana won the ETIS and Accessible Tourism Joint Award 2016 in category “Environment and accessibility as a catalyst for sustainable and responsible growth”
More info here:
- From the 21th until the 24th of April, Lumiere cinema in Bratislava presented 7 Slovenian movies within Slovenian Film Days.
- Bratislava opened its doors to everyone on April 23. – 24. Free entrance to city museums and attractions, free sightseeing tours, free tours by historical tram and many other interesting programmes and events took place. Bratislava for everyone!
- The annual Bohinj International Wild Flower Festival will take place from 21st May to 5th June. Don´t forget to wear a flower in your hair 😉
More info here: https://adeleinslovenia.com/2016/04/07/the-bohinj-wild-flower-festival-a-jubilee-year/
- On the 16th of April Ljubljana was hosting the 10th Bosnian Food Festival. They set a Guinness World Record with the festival’s culinary highlight, a giant baklava!
- From the 13th until the 16th of April the Ljubljana Fashion Week took place on Trg republike. Designers from Slovenia, Serbia and Croatia presented their designs.
- The Slovak Film Week ran 11-17 April in Bratislava’s Lumiére cinema. The event offered a comprehensive overview of what has been going on in Slovakian cinema over the past year.
- Bratislava bought 60 new trams from the eurofond. 56 of them are already in use.
- You can visit the Radovljica Chocolate Festival on 15-17 April in Radovljica. There will be a vintage steam train, where all the chocolate experience begins. More info here:
- On 10th April , the 3. Istrian Marathon took place in Slovenia. The marathon began and ended in beach resort of Portorož, running along parts of Parenzana, Izola, Koper and Piran. 3 race distances were available — an 11.5km “recreational run”, a 21.1km half marathon and a 42.2km marathon.
Sunny weather and running sound like a perfect combination, right?
- The 69th National Running Devín or Devin – Bratislava National Running Race, the oldest athletic event in Slovakia, was held on 10th April. The race began at Devín Castle and ended in the city centre of Bratislava. Route lenght: 11625 m for adults, 2600 m for children.
- Dominika Cibulkova, tennis player, just won Katowice Open for 5th WTA title. Congratulations!
- Polish LOT airlines introduced a new line between Košice and Warsaw on March 30, with flights departing six times a week to and from Košice. Let´s try it!
- Typical Slovak textile printing can get on UNESCO heritage list. Blueprint, the technique of textile printing various patterns with indigo, is waiting to be inscribed on the UNESCO heritage list.
- On the Sunday 10th of April entrance to some museums and galeries was free of charge. Ministry of Culture´s project makes costless entrace on the first sundays of the month. You shouldn´t miss those days.
- The castle of Trenčin will change its contemporary look. They will remove the glass building from it, which was supposed to serve as bufet. It´s not practical from economical viewpoints.
- Ljubljana is among the best places to visit in 2016 according to TravelLeisure.
- This Sunday was again the 1st Sunday of the month, when visiting museums & galleries is regularly admission free!
- On the 8th of April a food market in Ljubljana was opened. The Open Kitchen offers you an opportunity to meet Slovenian chefs, taste Slovenian and international dishes, and learn about different methods of food preparation.