- Ljubljana Castle will play film premieres throughout July. The open air cinema will be held there every night at 9:30 pm. While the opening night (7 July) has sold out,a film will be shown each night until 30 July. So hurry up and buy your tickets!
You can find the program here!
- The Cyanometer by Martin Bricelj Baraga is a monolith that measures the blueness of the sky and visualises the quality of air in the city. It is located at the Plateau Ajdovščina at Slovenska street in Ljubljana. It will be on the display until the end of 2016. It is an instrument that raises awareness on the quality of air uses green energy and open source technology. Isn´t it just amazing? Read more here!
- Due to events connected with the country’s EU presidency, the Bratislava Castle – and all the Slovak National Museum’s exhibitions, permanent and temporary, placed there – will be closed for the public on the following days: July 11, 12, 14, 17, 18, 20, 24.
- Critically endangered bird of prey nested in Slovakia. Ornithologists have confirmed that red-footed falcons are nesting, which are critically endangered here.
Read more here!
- Slovakia holds a state holiday on July 5, commemorating the arrival of Byzantine missionaries, Saints Cyril and Methodius to the territory including a part of current Slovakia in the second half of the 9th century. As of 2006 the country marks the same day also as the Day of Foreign Slovaks.